The Education Declaration to Rebuild America has been signed by tens of thousands of Americans. Please consider signing and sharing with friends and family.
The Declaration begins like this:
For too long, policymakers have pushed an education agenda that imposes top-down standards and high-stakes testing while ignoring the supports that students need.
All children, regardless of race, gender, or class, deserve an opportunity to learn, from pre-K to college.
A new approach is needed, based on seven principles:
- All students have a right to learn.
- Public education is a public good.
- Investments in education must be equitable and sufficient.
- Learning must be engaging and relevant.
- Teachers are professionals.
- Discipline policies should keep students in schools.
- National responsibility should complement local control.