We know it’s on everyone’s mind these days: What will happen when K-3 class size restrictions included in the budget go into effect next year? Don’t just ruminate, join us and our partners to work towards a solution!
There are several upcoming events that will help you advocate for our great public schools with your legislators. With so many ways to be involved, no concerned citizen should be without a way to participate! How? Join any and all of the following events that you can!
Monday, December 18, 2017, 4:30-5PM: PSFNC and the NC Justice Center will host a Facebook Live event offering background on the class size restrictions and their consequences as well as tips for discussing them with your legislators. We’ll also take your questions live!
Saturday, January 6, 2018, 1-3PM: Save Our Schools will host a rally to Stop Class Size Chaos on Halifax Mall, outside the NC General Assembly.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 9AM-1PM: Join PSFNC, NCAE, and the Justice Center at the General Assembly for as little or as long as you can, to visit your representatives and talk to them in person about the impact unfunded class size restrictions will have on your schools.
- Quick Facts: Understanding Class Size Chaos
- K-3 Class Size Mandate, Wake PTA & PSFNC, Dec. 13, 2017
- K-3 Class Size Webinar NCPTA & PSFNC, Dec. 7, 2017
- K-3 Class Size Conversation (Facebook Live), NC Justice Center & PSFNC, Dec. 18, 2017
- Top 10 class size chaos talking points by Kris Nordstrom, Dec. 18, 2017
- NC School Board Association Resolution Regarding K-3 Class Size Reduction Implementation, Nov. 12, 2017
- The Unraveling: Poorly Crafted Education Policies Are Failing North Carolina’s Children (NC Justice Center report includes analysis of multiple failures in mandating K-3 class size reductions), Dec. 2017
- Class Size Chaos Report by The Education & Law Project
Last updated Dec. 14, 2017