Our conference — Impact of Privatizing Public Schools — was held in Raleigh on October 12, 2019.
We were honored to have the following panelists speak about privatization’s effects on public schools. Check our our Facebook events for scheduled follow-up webinars with each of the panelists. They’ll be posted on our Webinars page.
View from the School Board
- Carol Sawyer, Charlotte-Mecklenburg County School Board
- Malishai Woodbury, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board
- Christine Kushner, Wake County School Board
View from the Classroom
- Angie Scioli, Wake County Public School Teacher
- Justin Parmenter, Charlotte-Mecklenburg County Public School Teacher
- Tamika Walker Kelly, Cumberland County Public School Teacher
- Stu Egan, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Public School Teacher
View from the Research
- Richard Kahlenberg, Century Foundation
- Erika Wilson, UNC Law School
- Kris Nordstrom, NC Justice Center/NC Policy Watch
- Irv Joyner, NCCU Law School