Want to get people involved in learning more about public education in a way that’s fun and engaging?
Invite your neighbors and friends for a night of education and conversation.
Host your own movie night! Host a REEL discussion about public education in your home!
Here’s how to host your own free movie night.
1) Pick one of these suggested films about public education (we’ll be adding to this list over time)
- The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman (69 minutes)
- Park Avenue (59 minutes)
- United States of ALEC (57 minutes)
2) Roll out the red for public ed carpet. Please plan to send your invites out two weeks before your event.
- Invite your friends! You can use social media like Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
- We also recommend using a free online invitation tool such as Paperless Post, Evite or Punchbowl. All of these sites have lovely party invitation graphics to fit your event.
- A flyer works too!
3) Pass the popcorn! Roll the movie.
4) Have a reel discussion. Use our suggested discussion questions, or develop your own.
Public Schools First NC is here to help you.
We can’t provide the popcorn, but we can provide you with:
- A customized graphic that you can use on social media and/or in an online invitation tool.
- Sample language for your invitation.
- If you prefer a flyer, it’s no problem! We’ll create and email a custom flyer to you.
- A discussion guide.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 919-576-0655 to get started.